NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made a daylight trip to Winscar just to basically find my way there.( Thanks Vicky for the info)

Also bought a copy of October BBC Sky at Night Mag as everyone seemed to be mentioning it on here, looks really interesting read, just skipped through it, will read in detail later tonight.

Eric

Made a daylight trip to Winscar just to basically find my way there.( Thanks Vicky for the info)

Also bought a copy of October BBC Sky at Night Mag as everyone seemed to be mentioning it on here, looks really interesting read, just skipped through it, will read in detail later tonight.

Eric

Hope it was the right car park Eric - we try to arrange meet-ups through SGL, so hopefully we all are aware when anyone is planning a trip down there :)

Have you found Soupy's letter about Pluto? Page 25 - Is Jupiter a planet?

Just about ready for the winter season now Vicky... :)

S@N is a great read Eric, including the ads... ;)

Bring on the season - I'm itching to go!

S@N and AN are both good reads - I'm hoping new AN is out tomorrow. Love the binocular tour in S@N :)

Looks like a good tutorial on page 84 - understanding and using wavelets in Registax - got to be worth a read for us AP bods.

The ads are my favourite bit, although I really have got scope-satisfaction to be honest. However, some drooling has still got to be done lol

Well finally got to align the RDF to the scope

I used the moon as the target switched the scope on roughly aligned the RDF on the moon used the iPhone to slew the scope nothing happened

Could here the motors turning, panic over forgot

To engage the clutches

Neil

Well finally got to align the RDF to the scope

I used the moon as the target switched the scope on roughly aligned the RDF on the moon used the iPhone to slew the scope nothing happened

Could here the motors turning, panic over forgot

To engage the clutches

Neil

I've done that before [emoji3] I felt a proper walley.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Blimey! I can't keep up with this thread!

I'm going to have to try keep up as I'm up for a Winscar night now the skies are getting darker.

Hi there Sam! Good to hear from you. Yes, we are all itching to get down to Winscar as soon as the skies allow, so keep your eye on here or I'll let you know via FB :)

Just had a quick, and I mean very quick (like 15 minutes), session with the binos whilst having a nice glass of Pims and lemonade in the quiet of the back yard.

Had a view of the usual suspects - M13, M31, NGC869 & NGC884 The Double Cluster, M103, think I might have caught a feint tiny fuzzy look at Soupy's White Rose cluster (not sure - will have another look with the scope), Alcor/Mizar system (double only in binos), Alberio (couldn't make out the blue/gold colours) and finished off with M45 The Pleiades which were rising nicely in the East.

The clouds were really starting to come across again, so decided to call it a night.

Nice little fix before bed.

Hope you managed to give that new scope a test drive Neil :)

Photos

Same scope as me Neil, hope you likie it, I like mine, im just not that keen on the eye piece that comes with it, seems you have to get your eye in the exact position.

Diffucult to describe, Damian saw it at winscar so he knows what I mean 

Ooh, Chris - you and Neil will be scope twins ;)

It does look a nice scope, and seems much more user friendly than the SE range.

I'm itching to get my 8SE OTA out for a test drive on the NEQ6, especially now I have upgraded it to a 2" visual back. Got a decent 32mm 70 degree wide angle EP I'm waiting to test out :)

Archived