Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

It's online Paul this month. I wonder if there going to do this every month. They did do it a few months ago but then reverted back to discs for some reason.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

That's a swizz... How can a CD be online. It's either a CD or not a CD! :(

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were you wearing the red jumper Eric! I clocked you I think but you did sneak in and off again at the end.

Cheers Matt, couldn't have responded like that without the Jerry talk. I must have learned something ;)

The red fleece we briefly spoke

It's clearing beautifully outside, so I really hope some of you have got out to do some viewing.

I've been busy getting all my star charts, Messier viewing logs and Caldwell viewing logs sorted into a file, so I don't necessarily have to have a laptop or tablet out with me. Thought it might be useful for trips out to Winscar, or even Kielder.

Happy with the result, but my fingers are aching. You would have thought they would be used to being on the go for long periods of time...... ;)

post-39306-0-89558600-1442617847_thumb.j

post-39306-0-18470200-1442617871_thumb.j

post-39306-0-40438500-1442617895_thumb.j

It's clearing beautifully outside, so I really hope some of you have got out to do some viewing.

I've been busy getting all my star charts, Messier viewing logs and Caldwell viewing logs sorted into a file, so I don't necessarily have to have a laptop or tablet out with me. Thought it might be useful for trips out to Winscar, or even Kielder.

Happy with the result, but my fingers are aching. You would have thought they would be used to being on the go for long periods of time...... ;)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Good work Vicky,

Thanks chaps. I have them on the laptop too, but it's sometimes easier to refer to a paper copy.

The Deepsky Atlas is quite comprehensive and think it'll do me well if I am out without Damian and his amazing star charts!

Does anyone know what the weather is due to do this evening? Hoping to do a bit of viewing if it's clear :)

Nice work Vicky they look really good Mark

Thanks Mark. I've a couple more things I want to print off and add, such as the asterisms list, but it does look nice. Quite heavy, but it's good to have everything together and tidy. It'll be one of those things I will always take on a viewing session - just like my binos :)

Clear skies tonight and I'm going to get the webcam out today and experiment with that Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Good luck. I had completely forgotten about my webcam and haven't tried it out since I "doctored it" and taped it all up a few months ago. I remember it turning out almost identical to Soupy's lol. Hope you get it sorted. Keep us posted ;)

Good luck. I had completely forgotten about my webcam and haven't tried it out since I "doctored it" and taped it all up a few months ago. I remember it turning out almost identical to Soupy's lol. Hope you get it sorted. Keep us posted ;)

Thanks Vicky. I think it's a Microsoft vx1000 if I remember correctly. I don't think it's got a CCD sensor in it, so its CMOS but all you need to do to it is unscrew it, remove the lens, and then screw it all back together. It's barrel should fit the scope. But I'll see

WOW guys, it's unbelievable how quickly this thread moves on! For some reason my phone isn't giving me notifications when you guys post, so I end up thinking about you all after a few days! And there's like a million posts lol hope you guys are alright!

I managed to have a brief 20 mins with the bins the other day, saw m45 which was looking as beautiful as ever, m44, m31, and I think what is the spiral cluster not positive though, also double cluster. Was pleased with what I saw. I'm really struggling to get much free time to look up now, I'll try sort this notification issue out and then at least I don't forget about the forum and hopefully manage to catch up with you guys on a sesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived