Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

We had the same thought of using the Atik as a guide camera to get me started - I just need to pick up a ST4 cable at some point. Going to see what we can pick up as I am not rushing to start serious imaging. See what turns up as Gain scouts around the astro events. Might pop over one day to see you though for some pointers, as you say we have a really similar set-up :)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 pages this has moved since my last post earlier today... And only 2 of those were Ursula! Someone else is trying to steal your thunder... ;)

The scope looks great Vicky... G has done amazing for you. Shame I couldn't pop round earlier.

Now I know to look out for you Eric, you'll never sneak past again.

PS I also know where Shergar went, comes with being Irish ;)

I think she's made up for it today lol!

Nice to meet you Eric even though it was very brief.

Are you building a satellite Vicky, I'm sure I saw one that looked just like your scope lol

I think it might be a bit like a Dolly the Sheep, and have a clone at Gain's ;)

It just can't stay away - there must be a gravitational force pulling it home to the mother ship lol

Just read your article Soupy - a nice summary and well written - great job.

Ironic just how interesting Pluto is turning out to be - it's really showing those know-it-alls from the IAU how wrong they were to demote it!

Doesn't look like any of us will get any viewing this evening, and it looks to remain like this all week. Pah!

Hope it improves for the lunar eclipse next Sunday/Monday :)

No viewing for me even if it was clear. Nights again!!!!!  :icon_sad:

Hopefully, you'll get chance to work on your mirror or frame build inbetween work this week Damian.

At least your shifts worked out well so you could come to the meeting last week.

I'm on my favourite week of earlier shifts so I can get home for lunch and have the afternoons free :)

Just making tea and having a catch up with my magazines, as I seem to be stockpiling them at the minute, however the new poster is up!

post-39306-0-83659700-1442773923_thumb.j

Hopefully, you'll get chance to work on your mirror or frame build inbetween work this week Damian.

At least your shifts worked out well so you could come to the meeting last week.

I'm on my favourite week of earlier shifts so I can get home for lunch and have the afternoons free :)

Just making tea and having a catch up with my magazines, as I seem to be stockpiling them at the minute, however the new poster is up!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

My poster is not up yet, forgot about it actually. I'll see where I can put it

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Driving down to winscar sometime this week just to have a daylight look at the place, I have been on google street map, is it the right turning through a type of open barrier and then through onto what looks like a gravel car park on the left.

Eric

Driving down to winscar sometime this week just to have a daylight look at the place, I have been on google street map, is it the right turning through a type of open barrier and then through onto what looks like a gravel car park on the left. Eric

Hi Eric. Yes, when you have driven through Carlecotes, after about 1/4 mile there is a right hand turn - think it might be signposted to Holmfirth but I'm not sure. After about 500 yards, there is a lay-by, then a further 500 yards on there is a left hand turn onto a track which takes you almost back on yourself and downhill. The large car park is at the bottom of that track. Finding it in daylight is a good plan as it gets very dark that way, and not the easiest place to find the first time :)

Driving down to winscar sometime this week just to have a daylight look at the place, I have been on google street map, is it the right turning through a type of open barrier and then through onto what looks like a gravel car park on the left.

Eric

Hi Eric

In Google maps just type in the search bar red apple workers cooperative and it will take you to the turning.

Damian

Got a couple of bits for Kielder - bought a cheap air mattress (lesson learned after last time), and I have finally relented and become a fully fledged member of the red-head-lamp gang! LOL - I was normal once, then I found WADAS..... :)

Just need a decent sleeping bag and I think that's me ready to go!

post-39306-0-37369600-1442841073.jpg

Archived