Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

I'm still planning on going tomorrow, so hopefully see you there.

I'm hoping she'll sign my Rosetta/Philae wall poster, cos I'm sad like that lol :)

Are you still on nights on Thursday Damian, or have you wangled a shift change?

Looking forward to next week's meeting people.

On nights at present but gives me the chance to regularly check out how dark it is out there.

Three weeks after the solstice things are much darker 1-3 am so will be worth staying up for those that don't have work to worry about.

The trip up to see John went well and the mirror is still with him. I have an update to put on the mirror thread in that vein.

The Perseid meteor shower is supposed to be a very good one this year so I've been reading, let's hope the weather plays ball and gives us a decent show.

Damian

Think you got a little muddled with my post last week Vicky. I was on nights last week and will be able to make the meeting as it's a night free week for me 

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still planning on going tomorrow, so hopefully see you there.

I'm hoping she'll sign my Rosetta/Philae wall poster, cos I'm sad like that lol :)

Are you still on nights on Thursday Damian, or have you wangled a shift change?

thats ace, i cant think of anything Ive got that she could sign for me, dont think ive got anything related to the Rosetta mission. so you, might see you there, I was going to drag the old man along with me but he cant make it now.

I was thinking about going to the WYAS meeting - always good to check out the local competition? :) It's also not far away from me, closer than our own WADAS meetings...

Hopefully see you there too Matt - we'll over-run them with our WADAS gang lol ;)

I was thinking about going to the WYAS meeting - always good to check out the local competition? :)

It's also not far away from me, closer than our own WADAS meetings...

Cool, might see you there. where i live im bang in the middle of wakefield,wyas and the mexbrough society, there all equal distance within about half a mile from my house lol 

Heads up that there will be a charge of £4 for adults for WYAS non-members. It starts at 7.15pm at the Rosse Observatory, Carleton, Pontefract :)

Yea, ive been saving up all year for the 4 quid :)   Are we taking any club flyers over with us hehe. Im getting there for at least 7pm as ive seen the time advertised for 7:30 too, but I think its 7:15.

Yea, ive been saving up all year for the 4 quid :)   Are we taking any club flyers over with us hehe. Im getting there for at least 7pm as ive seen the time advertised for 7:30 too, but I think its 7:15.

I'm coppering up for my £4 as my WADAS subs are due on Thursday too - it's going to be lean month of beans on toast for tea lol.

I'll be getting there for about 7pm as I'm not sure how busy it will be :)

Finally got round to watching The Theory of Everything last night - not a bad little film - quite enjoyed it.

Also finished watching The Seven Ages of Starlight which I recorded on BBC4 last week. A great programme and very interesting. Started to blow my mind a bit at the end if I tried thinking about it too much, but it's worth a watch. It's available on iPlayer if anyone is interested :)

Finally got round to watching The Theory of Everything last night - not a bad little film - quite enjoyed it.

Also finished watching The Seven Ages of Starlight which I recorded on BBC4 last week. A great programme and very interesting. Started to blow my mind a bit at the end if I tried thinking about it too much, but it's worth a watch. It's available on iPlayer if anyone is interested :)

Asteroids- the good the bad and the ugly is another good watch if it reappears on the iplayer.

Look out for the NASA schmitt cassegrain mirror with a big chip in the centre if you do manage to see it!

Damian

I've got an amber flood alert looking out the window at mapplewell

Ditto! It looked like it was clearing earlier, and now a really threatening bank of storm clouds have rolled in. Early night I think so I can enjoy Monica Grady tomorrow :)

Amber alert and cloud is about right...

Thursday should be good think we'll scare Lee all turning up at once, and a coffee afterwards is excellent!

Damian can you bring the WADAS cheque book so we can pay for the solar scope and claim it as officially ours. :)

Amber alert and cloud is about right...

Thursday should be good think we'll scare Lee all turning up at once, and a coffee afterwards is excellent!

Damian can you bring the WADAS cheque book so we can pay for the solar scope and claim it as officially ours. :)

No problem

Archived