Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news I can start buying astro gear again,  Ms Haze got informed today her job is safe and she is not getting made redundant this year so the plan to move abroad is off for the foreseeable future :)))

Great news I can start buying astro gear again, Ms Haze got informed today her job is safe and she is not getting made redundant this year so the plan to move abroad is off for the foreseeable future :)))

That's great news Leigh on one hand but if u were looking forward to moving abroad then it's pants lol.

Hope to see you out under a clear starry sky very soon [emoji106]

That's great news Leigh on one hand but if u were looking forward to moving abroad then it's pants lol.

Hope to see you out under a clear starry sky very soon [emoji106]

Mark

thanks and no I was not  to happy about the prospect.  Ms H can do her job anywhere in the world (she teaches languages, speaks 5 of them ) I still have to earn a living  wherever we went, and I only speak English (and Yorkshire ) so would have been difficult for me,  would probably have been the end of a  25 years plus relationship.

Today, Wednesday or Thursday could be good Soupy

Also not long to this months Meeting on Thursday with our Steve giving his talk on Mr Herschel

A heads up for next Monday BBC4 from 9pm a series of space based programs including an hour long program by the sky at night team on Pluto revealed.

An interesting few days and it's getting much darker was looking at the summer triangle (Vega in Lyra, Deneb in Cygnus and Altair in Aquila) overhead last night at midnight through a few gaps in the clouds.

Damian

Today, Wednesday or Thursday could be good Soupy

Also not long to this months Meeting on Thursday with our Steve giving his talk on Mr Herschel

A heads up for next Monday BBC4 from 9pm a series of space based programs including an hour long program by the sky at night team on Pluto revealed.

An interesting few days and it's getting much darker was looking at the summer triangle (Vega in Lyra, Deneb in Cygnus and Altair in Aquila) overhead last night at midnight through a few gaps in the clouds.

Damian

i was just going to post on therethis morning about them, I think the rest of the programs are reapearts as far as Ik can tell, but the sky at night is obviously a new program at 10pm, so might be worth a watch

Yeah Thursday sounds good better get saving up he he

let me know when you are going up on thursday, as I want to go up too and spend some proper money on a proper piece of glass

:grin:

we can go out for a coffee after to console ourselves on the expense.......

let me know when you are going up on thursday, as I want to go up too and spend some proper money on a proper piece of glass

Will do Nick, Sounds like the Dob is staying after all 

Happy spending, ive got the car to fix this week and its our wedding anniversary so no spare cash for me sadly. Looking forward to tomorrow though with the new horizons probe getting to Pluto, very exciting

I think it gets there about 12:50pm our time tomorrow as it says its 7:50 EDT which is 5 hours behind our current time.

Let me know if you are meeting Thursday for a coffee as I might join you and see what you have been buying :)

I'm not buying anything at the moment - I'll just have a nosey at your goodies!

Really want a couple of decent EP's, but going to wait until the Autumn and get some advice first.

Will do Nick, Sounds like the Dob is staying after all 

maybe, maybe not.

But if i do replace the dob, it will definitely have a 2" focuser. And whatever I decide to buy for 'grab n go' in the caravan will also be 2" compatible. So i look at this as a long term multi-telescope investment.

maybe, maybe not.

But if i do replace the dob, it will definitely have a 2" focuser. And whatever I decide to buy for 'grab n go' in the caravan will also be 2" compatible. So i look at this as a long term multi-telescope investment.

I may have just the solution to your woes Nick but you'll have to wait till autumn to see it

Didn't realise it was a repeat of an old programme. I saw Mission to Mars and thought it was a new one about the Mars One project. Never mind, I'll still keep it on as I haven't seen it before, although it seems funny talking about Curiosity being on it's way when it has been on Mars for nearly 3 years now.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to S@N - was so excited to hear that the Philae lander had woken up and sent a message - it was the highlight of my weekend lol.

I'm hoping to go to the Monica Grady talk at WYAS on 14th July, which should be a good evening :)

Im hoping to go to this too tomorrow, anyone else going? 

Im hoping to go to this too tomorrow, anyone else going?

I'm still planning on going tomorrow, so hopefully see you there.

I'm hoping she'll sign my Rosetta/Philae wall poster, cos I'm sad like that lol :)

Are you still on nights on Thursday Damian, or have you wangled a shift change?

Archived