NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure you'll all enjoy it and be great ambassadors for WADAS

Looking forward to Thursday although on the Greenwitch website it doesn't list the other eyepiece I want? Lee maybe able to order it in?

Golf does spoil a good walk!

I'm sure you'll all enjoy it and be great ambassadors for WADAS

Looking forward to Thursday although on the Greenwitch website it doesn't list the other eyepiece I want? Lee maybe able to order it in?

Golf does spoil a good walk!

Hopefully Lee will be able to order the EP in for you to collect on Thursday - you never know. Have you rang or e-mailed him? If not, he'll just post it out to you.

And we know all about "good walks" don't we Damian??? ;)

Hopefully Lee will be able to order the EP in for you to collect on Thursday - you never know. Have you rang or e-mailed him? If not, he'll just post it out to you.

And we know all about "good walks" don't we Damian??? ;)

Ha ha I think by the time the milkyway collides with Andromeda you might have forgotten about that one Vicky.

No I haven't been in touch with Lee but I'm sure he'll order it in for me. Be interesting to see what else he has in the shop and what ep Nick is going for?

Me too - we have got a busy week to look forward to. Are you coming to Steve Muir's talk on Thursday evening Chris?

i might be yes, i have a feeling im doing something on Thursday night, unless it was the talk lol, so ill have to check on that one.  May drag my Dad along if hes back from down south, his mums just died last night, he was meant to be coming tonight with me but obviously wont be now :(

Ha ha I think by the time the milkyway collides with Andromeda you might have forgotten about that one Vicky.

No I haven't been in touch with Lee but I'm sure he'll order it in for me. Be interesting to see what else he has in the shop and what ep Nick is going for?

Haha I dont think I'll have forgotten about it even then!

I'm just wanting to have a nosey at what you and Nick are buying as I can't afford anything myself at the moment. I'll probably be treating myself to a couple of decent EPs in the Autumn. Really need to get cracking with the kit I've already got and get the Atik out the box and have a bash at some DSO's once the darker skies allow. The only thing that I might be looking at getting will be a decent mount if the CG-3 proves to be inadequate, but I'll be buying second hand rather than new. I also fancy an ED 80, but I'm going to see how my 80mm frac performs first as buying a new scope is a bit of an indulgence at present. Astro gear is just too darn good-looking...... ;)

I was looking at the new Altair lightwave 72ed-r as a grab and go for my caravan .

Its small and compact and will take the dslr. Also it will fit on to a normal tripod as its quite light  

I was looking at the new Altair lightwave 72ed-r as a grab and go for my caravan . Its small and compact and will take the dslr. Also it will fit on to a normal tripod as its quite light

Yes, it looked a lovely little scope - I remember you showing me it on Lee's page at the Horbury Show. I have looked at it since (and drooled lol). Have you had much chance to give it a test drive, as the cloud gods haven't been kind this past couple of weeks? If you are there on Thursday you can let me know as I am going to be having a good long think before buying anything else. Really need to use some of the kit I already have first lol. Have to keep reminding myself that I only bought my scope and cameras at the end of February, so I haven't really had chance to use the stuff I've got yet! Trying to run before I can walk again...... :)

Iv used the one lee lent me quit a bit for white light and when it's been dark and I have to say they are good little scopes. The sun spots, Jupiter, Saturn and the other few objects I have managed to see from my garden have been clear and sharp.

Obviously with it only been A 70mm and only f350 frac DSO are very faint

Mark

From what I have read on DSO AP, you don't need a large scope for this. If I am going to head down that route (which I probably will in time) I will definitely need a decent guide scope and auto guider. Will not be buying all the gear yet though - need to grasp the basics before jumping in whole hog. I can feel my pockets getting lighter already lol. Want a couple of decent EPs first to enjoy viewing when we get darker skies, and also to get to know the sky a bit more. Maybe next year I'll take further steps into AP :)

Archived