Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen the ISS go over (no photo) it is very murky again though! Its been like this a lot lately. Sky just looks washed out and very light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of weather reports are saying that there is a lot of dust from the Sahara in the skies above the UK at present. Wind is going to change this weekend and sky quality will improve no end. It may be good if the clouds don't mess things up which I think they will 

A lot of weather reports are saying that there is a lot of dust from the Sahara in the skies above the UK at present. Wind is going to change this weekend and sky quality will improve no end. It may be good if the clouds don't mess things up which I think they will 

Yea, id seen that about the dust in the air, the sky wasnt that great last night either so I didnt bother getting the scope setup.

Will be heading home shortly after a nice week in Cyprus. Resort is large & has bad light pollution, so very little astronomy done.

looks like you would have to go to the south of the island to get away from the light poillution. 226961chypre.png

Will be heading home shortly after a nice week in Cyprus. Resort is large & has bad light pollution, so very little astronomy done.

Only 4 weeks till I go but there will be very little astronomy that trip too  :grin:

ISS will pass over twice this evening at 8.51pm and 10.27pm.

Got the camera and tripod set up to try to do a long exposure as it is really quite clear now.

Hopefully, if we get some good clear skies tomorrow evening we can arrange a meet up :)

Just got back from the field, after showing my mum the ISS.

Got the camera set up and I think I've managed a couple of shots, but I need Luke to come back with his laptop before I can see what I've got.

Only did a 4 second exposure and I should have done 8 or even 16 seconds.

If it's clear at 10.27pm I'll have another go :)

Archived