Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from nodsasgoodasawink

nodsasgoodasawink

Just realised that I joined in July 2012 and tried to re-join today. How stupid is that? Anyway I bought an 80mm f15 refractor last October with a 25mm and 12mm ortho and had all sorts of difficulties finding anything other than the moon. Its not easy star hopping with a 12lb scope on a Rubbish tripod. Anyway built a tripod out of beech and bought a sky tee 2 alt/az mount and that sorted a lot of my problems. Still had the narrow field of view from the orthos and have just bought a Televue 32mm plossl andhope the views will help with the star hopping. Hope to get loads of advice and perhaps give a little back.

Hi Nodsasgoodasawink, that sounds like an interesting scope you have there and pretty long and cumbersome, the TV 32mm plossl should be a great bonus and I look forward to hearing from you again. And welcome to SGL by the way from sunny Swindon!

Archived