Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter GRS Aug 23rd 1st of the new season!

Space Cowboy

Captured some early Jupiters this morning. Here is a very quick process taken in daylight at 6.03am. Seeing was very good. Elevation 36 degrees.

Colour is a little yellow need to tweak (daylight makes it too blue but over compensated)

qhy5l colour cam & sw auto dob :

gallery_4016_230_61648.png

Lovely, and nice to have the GRS on display. I woke up at 3.45 this morning and saw Jupiter out of the window, thought about going down and getting my refractor out for my first view of the season, and decided against it as I had to get up at 6am for work. Now I've seen your picture I wish I had got up! I should know better by now. Still, at least I can see what I missed thanks to your image.

Very nice result, particularly given the low elevation and daylight. He does look a little jaudiced, but there's an excellent level of detail there. Feel like welcoming on old friend after a long absence and looking forward to getting more closely aquainted this season :)

Thanks fellas! its good to dust off the gear after over 2 months. Noise levels are pretty high on these images (only 1000 frames in this image) with daylight in the mix. I did taken a mono IR and Red shot earlier in the session but they are not too clever lacking contrast.

Will run these through the PC using more frames and alignment points so may get something better.

Once Jupiter gets above 50 degrees and seeing is decent then the bread dipping can begin!

Lovely image, caught it visually early last Sunday morning but it was still too low in the mushy sky to get any detail, packed up at 4am, it was just starting to reveal some banding in decent patches of seeing.

Archived