NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Newbie from Slough

Purplehayze104

Hi SGL

have enjoyed reading many a post & have helped me alot, always been bit of a passion of mine, but recently got into astronomy big time after the misses bought me a travelscope for christmas an have not looked back, upgraded to a evostar 90 with alt/az mount not long after an have now started working with a 150p & eq3-2 which is my most recent purchase but the weather had been a right pain in the **** since so not much time veiwing looking forward to some decent nights with it.

well take care all

regards

john

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi John welcome to the lounge,

you are right about the weather, a real pain at the moment

hope it's better over the weekend, you will see a difference

with the 150p, but the Evo is a nice scope for a grab and go,

and the views are good, my first view of Saturn was through an Evo,

looks like aperture fever has got to you, what's next a big Dob I bet.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Thanks all for the replys nice to find a group with same interest as me, family an friends bit the opposite, an yes Ronl ive managed a few hours or so with the 150p but what i saw was impressed greatly and looking forward to more of the same, really enjoyed the evostar 90 have had some good nites veiwing with it even thought mostly towards early parts of this year. Was looking at a big dobby whilst was browsing for next scope but am interested in getting into imaging. ive a basic setup at mo with just a DSLR camera and adapters to fit to scope had a few goes at imaging but only managed moon so far and that was with the evo 90.

will definately have some questions in future as get towards guiding.

Archived