Hello

YKSE

Just want to say hi to everyone here.

I got my Explorer 130P in December, have come across SGL when googling for about observing, EP upgrades etc, and learn a lot from the tips and advices here.

I am interested in astronomy since childhood. It was really facinating when I saw Jupiter and the four moons in the scope for the first time. So far I've done the observing from my backyards in the city suburb, have just able to identify 34 Messier objects.

I've just got the 80ED, in the hope to learn astrophotography.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi There,

Warm welcome to SGL. Great couple of scopes to have. Before venturing in the dark art of imaging do get a copy of 'making every photon count' this will save your hard earned Krona!!.

Skal!

Thanks Damian, I'll get that book, I've seen many reks on it.

I'm just starting to make a mod Lifecam HD-3000 for some not so costly tests.

Missed to add my sig before posting, have to wait after writing here.

Regards/Yong

A huuge welcome.

I have a cousin that like you, was interested in astronomy from childhood. He's a professor now (see the link in my signature). All I did was take the Mick out of him as kids. I kinda regret that now! :embarrassed:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived