Long time in hiding!

grhurst

Having joined the forums back in May 2011, I thought it was about time to introduce myself.

After seeing Pleiades through a friends 20*80 Bins I was amazed at what I'd been missing out on and rushed off to by myself a pair. Getting bitten harder by the bug, I pushed the boat out a bit more and grabbed the Skywatcher 127 synscan and I've been enjoying that for the last two years or so and I'm just getting to the point of wanting something bigger and even more shiny now!

So I'm looking at either a big Dobsonian or a HEQ5 and a 200PDS.

I've experimented a little with astro photography and grabbed an SPC900 and use my DSLR but other than some casual snapping, I keep failing at the post process! More reading required I think.

As a regular lurker I should thank you all for the advice I've read over the past two years and ill no doubt continue to do so!

Hope your skies are clear!

Gaz.

Hi Gaz, and welcome to SGL.

If you are getting in to AstroPhotography then the 200pds would be the better scope... although the HEQ5 would be at it's limit with this OTA, especially when you add a guidescope etc (a have must for long exposures)... the HEQ6 would be the better mount.

Whatever you end up purchasing you will get lots of help and guidance from the members on SGL.

Enjoy... and clear skies.

Archived