Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Favourite observing food and drink

Astralstroll

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I am observing away from home, then snacking is quite important. It can help to keep you warm and alert, preventing fatique, especially if you have to drive home. A flask of coffee to of course is necessary but more as a warmer.

Up until 4 weeks ago coffee 'n' fags. Now it's just coffee :( :( :(

Very well done and keep it up. I know too many people who have died - painfully - due to those things. Bonkers how people can continue to smoke when you see people dieing of it's symptoms like that. Its dreadful.

Back to the original poster. Weetabix and maybe a few glasses of red wine :) Maybe the odd brandy :)

Winter time - for some reason that I haven't fathomed out yet,milk and jaffacakes for me. Summer or warmer times, time to break out the homebrew or beer of some ilk from one of the local breweries.

Trouble is with being on the beer whilst observing is if I lay back with a belly full of beer and look at the sky, it's far too easy to fall asleep.

Not a bad way to spend a warm summer night though I suppose.

Now curry and observing sounds like a rather excellent idea to me.

Dave.

im with ya Dave i make my own. Also coffee and fags, but the fags need to go.

After a imaging session, i usually have some left over in the oven. Always get hungry after astronomy why is that ? All the lifting i guess, a man needs hes sustenance.

And here it is, takeaway quality.

post-2700-0-13030300-1364247538_thumb.jp

Neil, that curry looks very good indeed. Definitely on my list for a late night feast sometime.

Dave.

The real art Dave is making the base sauce, that he pours in. Theres advice how to do that on hes site, But only for real hardcore curry nuts, as it is time consuming, and many spices have to be purchased.. But once got what would be better in the summer after a good astronomy session. Maybe a cool beer with it sorted

Years ago I was a bit obsessed with making curries. Used to have a freezer full of various things. These days I tend to cook them less frequently. I still have a spice collection that's far too big for one person though!

Happy Days indeed.

Years ago I was a bit obsessed with making curries. Used to have a freezer full of various things. These days I tend to cook them less frequently. I still have a spice collection that's far too big for one person though!

Happy Days indeed.

A man of my own heart Dave, I wonder if someone could die eating whats above lol. I like hot, but this is just crazy

Mars bars are good too.

Ah yes, astro-themed confectionery is a good choice. One evening at a remote site I found a forgotten bar of chocolate in my jacket pocket that had been a bit heated and squished. I thought at the time it was quite apt to be consuming an irregular Galaxy.

Archived