NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

S@N program this month

kirkster501

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Missed it myself - for some reason it takes a few days to get to iPlayer.

I think its not available yet on iPlayer as they are doing various repeats of it through this week on different channels. Tonight it's on bbc4 at 7.30pm.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

It's usually on BBC1HD first. Freesat series record seems to find it every month. Also records the BBC4 long version on its own. I enjoyed the program but Dr. Lucy Green seems to have taken over as lead presenter

Have just seen it and am impressed ( having missed the last episode ). It's good to see 'in the field' astronomy on television.

I was also impressed by the way the team work without SPM. We all miss him, but I think Chris Lintott did a very good job in allowing everybody to put valid ( and sometimes comic ) points across - in much the same way as SPM did, but in a more relaxed manner.

I know that Chris is a member of this forum, so if you read this Chris - well done and keep at it.

Alan

I enjoyed the program but Dr. Lucy Green seems to have taken over as lead presenter

Yep and its great. She has real enthusiasm but also knows her stuff. Definitely one of the reasons the show has carried on working so well since SPM sad departure.

Watched the recording. Very good, and am looking forward to teh 'scope doctor episode too.

Like the way the show is going, just keep Culsaw as levening without him dominating things.

The future of The Sky at Night looks promising after the passing of SPM. Still, many of us including myself, seem to miss it when it is first shown. I'm going to set my Tivo box to record the series link on BBC4. That way I will get to see the extended episode every time.

The sky at night website gives tv listings of the show.

I have watched it for years and Chris lintott, Lucie green and Chris north are the perfect presenters to carry on where Patrick left off and take the show forward to engage a new audience and stir the imagination of the general public.

Well done to the team and to the BBC for running the show.I'm sure if it wasn't for Patrick and his enthusiasm a lot would never have looked up with such wonder.

Well, it's on iPlayer - watched it last night. I hate to say it, but it was as good as always. Thinking about it, since Sir Patrick was ill a few years back, really, a lot of the presentation has been by other people anyway. We'll miss him, but it looks like the show can continue strong as ever - much as I'm sure he'd want it to.

I have to say that after being a little unsure about last months episode, I thought this months was excellent. I really enjoyed it.

I wonder if they will be given a studio at some point as it seems be outside broadcast only at the moment. Farthings?

I caught the show last night on BBC4 @2:30am (The Moore's Winter Marathon). Really enjoyed it. There will ever only be one SPM, but the show is as good as it ever was before..........perhaps even a bit better? (did i just say that out loud!!!!!!!). I love the way there are now essentially 4 or 5 "presenters", rather than one main presenter (Patrick) and the rest were reporters. Chris and Lucie are credited as the presenters while the other guys are still credited as reporters, but it really doesn't come across as such. They all work really well together as a team and i just think the show is going to continue to go on and on and on.

I'm starting to warm towards Chris. It also looks like the main scope at Keilder has finally had its primary mirror cleaned.

YAY.

I thought Jon's SPM impressions were good and he did them tastefully. SPM himself always enjoyed Jon's impressions so I took no offence personally.

I think Chris Lintott is doing a great job. I had my doubts about him being able to pull it off since he is an academic and a deep voiced one too and I thought he may appear a geek to some. But that's not been the case IMO and I think he has pulled it off very well. Well done Chris FWIW :)

Great show, Jon Culshaw was very funny and as above I think he would have loved it. Both main presenters are doing a great job.

On content, thought it was excellent. Great mixture of observing and a smattering of science, thoroughly enjoyable.

Well done and keep it up

Ha ha agree on the scarf seems to get bigger every month is someone stitching bit's on?

Jons impression was tasteful and I think his enthusiasm as an amateur astronomer shows a lot of respect and genuine wonder.

On the studio front I think it would lose a little and seem too tied.Astronomy is an out door social hobby and should be shown that way.The team have been doing a great job of doing that in my eye's.

Archived