Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

14"/360mm truss dob

Rustysplit

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for your kind comments guys! Your right Beulah, I can't beleive it was so quick either??? I think it was because I just got so"into it" Did a bit every day, and hey presto!

Gary, yeah it is a Rev hybrid, really nice bit of kit. Not much focus travel, about 22mm odd, but it has a built in extension tube. I chose it due to price and low profile, although the latter has not been properly used.

Nigel, Thanks. Very pleased indeed with the mirror. Cheers for your help in the other thread.

I had a think about the shroud yesterday, and thanks to my wife, Zoe, settled on the shroud being inside the trusses. The reasoning being that it keeps the tubes exposed for holding onto moving the scope around. More importantly, it keeps the tubes exposed, as it looks cool :cool::grin: .

file-85.jpg

It is not finished, much like the whole scope!! The ends will be held in tension with elastic cord, and at 4 points around the centre will probably be velcro'd elastic ties to prevent the centre from sagging into the light path

I jest of course Alan....does anyone say jest anymore? anyway your build is an inspiration. I shall be displaying my own efforts in a thread near you very soon......not just you of course but everyone ...... :grin:

Gary.

Alan,

A beautiful light bucket you have there, fantastic craftsmanship, extremely well done,very interesting read,you covered most all aspects, I like how you made your secondary holder, for my 10" F-6 I used a 1.5" thick dowel, hollowed out and cut at a 45 degree angel, attached my secondary with 3 dabs of 100% pure clear silicone,with three pieces of popsicle sticks for spacers untill the silicone dried, it has been attached ever since, better then 11 years now, I have not used it since 2005 when I took mirror out for recoating, bare mirror is still sitting in basement unfinished, but the tube assembly has been stored in my unheated barn and I can tell you the secondary is attached as good as it was when first attached, no issues at all. think I will try your idea for secondary holder next time around, it looks great.

Rick

Archived