Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from South West Wales (Cymru) UK

M L W

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, my names Mario aka Maz from South West Wales UK. Im just starting of in astronomy and currently looking at purchasing my first scope.

I have being researching the many many scopes and various options and I am leaning towards: Celestron NexStar 130 SLT or Skywatcher Explorer 130P SupaTrak AUTO or maybeSkywatcher Explorer 150P EQ3-2 / EQ-3 . I would appreciate your thoughts on these or your suggestions on others.

Cheers,

Maz

Diolch yn fawr. Dyw i ddim yn siarad Cymraeg, mae fy wraig wedi ysgrifennu hwn i fi. Lol.....

Thanks for the warm welcome from all and I'm sure ill get some good guidance from you.

Maz

'Welcome from another new member, I once had the SLT130 which I thought was an excellent 'first scope'

I would never recommend and EQ mount as a first mount for anyone. Too much time setting up instead of looking at the pretty lights in the sky.

Happy St David's day and again, Hi to all. its been a real warm welcoming to the forum from everyone. As to my choices, I'm taking the hint that the sw 150p maybe the best option? maybe adding accessories to the set up later!

Archived