NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi from South West Wales (Cymru) UK

M L W

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi again everyone and thanks for even more warm welcomes. Still pondering over scopes and Im taking may factors into consideration! I'm sure ill post some questions in the beginners section real soon.

Maz

Hi Mario

A warm welcome to the SGL

If you have darker skies where you are or intend to go to a dark site with the scope,theSkywatcher Explorer 150P EQ3-2 / EQ-3 will be perfect for your first scope

you may wish to think about getting a few new eyepieces as the ones you get with itthe scope are just ok or atleased change the 10mm eyepiece

clear skies

Hi, and a warm welcome also.

I have an Explorer 150p on an Eq3-2 mount, and to be honest I'm disappointed. The OTA is good, but the mount is really poor. Far too much wobble / shaking when following objects which makes seeing not a happy experience when starting out.

So I'm going to get either a Skymax 127 goto, or the Celesteon 127 slt as my second scope. They are both worth considering and have longer focal lengths than 150p.

What ever you get. Enjoyio.

Cheers, will look into both sw & celestron 127's. Again I must say its been a real welcoming experience from all on this forum. I also use kitesurfing forums for my other hobby and can honestly say that people have forgotten what forums are for!

I have enjoyed the little time I have been a member here :-) and grateful for your suggestions.

I am very lucky to live in semi rural Wales surrounded by empty space and coasts. Hopefully I will be blessed with minimal light pollution. With kitesurfing I'm waiting for wind, so to add now I will also be waiting for clear skies!

Maz

Archived