Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My picture is in Astronomy Now!

long_arms

Hello,

Pick up this months (March 2013) Astronomy Now magazine, have a quick read through the whole thing, then glance at the Picture gallery only to see my Picture :grin: !!

I had completely forgotten that I had sent it to them. Looking at the pictures printed alongside mine I am very honoured (theyre incredible, I can only dream of producing such images).

It is such a nice surprise!

It is this image;

Crescent Moon 15/01/2013

On another note, I am also very proud to have my own picture of the moon printed in an edition of Astronomy Now discussing the 'Life and times of Sir Patrick Moore'.

I read his book on the moon every night and love getting pictures of things that I have learnt about in his book!

A very happy Dan :grin:

Excellent! The image certainly deserves to be used. But I have often wondered, how can one copyright an astro photo? Given that we all take photos from the earth, our astro pics are not going to be much different from others, at least not in the way of terrestrial images. Accepting equipment limitations, framing and processing (all of which should be possible to duplicate)....???

So very good that in this case you WERE rightly acknowledged.

Chris

Excellent! The image certainly deserves to be used. But I have often wondered, how can one copyright an astro photo? Given that we all take photos from the earth, our astro pics are not going to be much different from others, at least not in the way of terrestrial images. Accepting equipment limitations, framing and processing (all of which should be possible to duplicate)....???

So very good that in this case you WERE rightly acknowledged.

Chris

The moment you press the shutter you own the copyright of every image you shoot (with a few exceptions) and even two images that appear identical to the eye will have differences at the pixel level.

That is a lovely image.

Ever thought of having it printed on a canvas? Would look amazing 4'x4'.

Thanks! Unfortunately the resolution of that one is very low, I had to upscale it to 300dpi for the magazine as well.

My latest crescent (still a work in progress) if ever finished I will certainly look at having printed out. This is a section of it I uploaded as "crescent landscape". You can see that the full image will be much bigger and better.

Crescent Landscape FINAL

Dan

Thanks! Unfortunately the resolution of that one is very low, I had to upscale it to 300dpi for the magazine as well.

My latest crescent (still a work in progress) if ever finished I will certainly look at having printed out. This is a section of it I uploaded as "crescent landscape". You can see that the full image will be much bigger and better.

http://www.flickr.co...tream/lightbox/

Dan

Wow!! Thats a great image Dan & the published ones fantastic too :grin: I also need to start taking a bit more interest in the Moon as I often just look up & think 'Humph, no point setting up', need to get motivated for a mosaic.

Steve

Archived