Hi from West Yorkshire (nr Pontefract)

tekkydave

Hello, just joined the lounge recently and have been lurking around soaking up the excellent advice and knowledge. I am new to astronomy but have been a photographer for most of my life. I have yet to buy a scope but am settling on the Skywatcher Skymax 127 at the moment. I will be more interested in planetary and moon/sun initially and will be wanting to use my Sony DSLR with the scope. My main problems here will be a very limited view to the south and light pollution.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi - and a welcome from another "westie" - the Skywatcher Mak 127 was my first scope - I still have it and think it is a great scope to start with. - Especially for planetary - but with a 52 degree apparent field of view 32mm e/p I think it can do justice to many DSO's as well.

You might also like to contact your local astro soc who may be able to give you further advice:-

http://www.wyas.org.uk/home

Hi dave,

Welcome, I am also from a long time photographic background and am currently in the Nikon camp.

It may be worth looking at the Celestron Nexstar 127 as well as the Nexstar 4SE. The 4SE has limited photograph capability as standard (I think all you need is a 42mm adaptor.

BR

Alan

Archived