Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi... err not sure if im doing this right !!!

Allan the plumber

Hi from a newbie who not ofay with this forum stuff having never posted or repiled to a topic before.

If I’ve got this wrong if an administrator could point me in the right direction I would be grateful. :rolleyes:

Just want to say hi and apologise for the load of stupid questions I will ask about mounts, scopes, etc . :confused:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Allan and welcome to SGL!! You seem to have got things right - Just ask away in the beginners help and advice section and I'm sure you will get replies to your questions. We were all beginners at one time so we know how confusing things can be at first! By the way - we are all really good at spending other peoples money!! :p .

Ok now for the questions!!!

Can anyone advise me on what they would recommend. I have been going through the forum and reading reviews as I have been given the go ahead to spend money.

I have had an interest in astronomy for many years and with the sad passing of Sir Patrick Moore the passion and drive to finally get a good scope has come to a head

I did look into this some months ago can any advice if Skywatcher are an good first product to buy

I have an interest in photography and I see that one of the most important things is the mount :rolleyes:

Ok now for the questions!!!

Can anyone advise me on what they would recommend. I have been going through the forum and reading reviews as I have been given the go ahead to spend money.

I have had an interest in astronomy for many years and with the sad passing of Sir Patrick Moore the passion and drive to finally get a good scope has come to a head

I did look into this some months ago can any advice if Skywatcher are an good first product to buy

I have an interest in photography and I see that one of the most important things is the mount :rolleyes:

Hi there and welcome to SGL!

A dedicated post in the beginners forum might get more responses is all. You're right though, for deep sky, long exposure astrophotography you'll need a pretty good [preferably German Equitorial] mount, with a motor drive on at least the RA axis...

What's your budget?

Thanks for that Sub Dwarf have a budget of £1000 to £1500 :icon_mrgreen:

I asked about the Skywatcher as going over various makes etc I whitled it down to at least for the Mount HEQ5 Synscan would like the EQ6 but I thought for what I require a good start would be the HEQ5,

and as for scopes budget would seem the skywatcher Explorer 200P DS ( the dual speed seems better for astrophotograpy) or if the HEQ5 would take the weight the 250p Ds I also looked into the EVOSTAR 80ED a lot of postive on this forum for this for AP but the write ups on the telescope build don't seem good

Any ideas folks :rolleyes:

Archived