Hi from a "better late than never" newbie

OTA

Hi All

Just taken delivery of a SkyWatcher 200P scope - fulfilling a 20+ year ambition of owning a scope.

Never really had the spare cash to spend on one whilst starting a family, so it has always remained

a itch that never got scratched....until now.

I live near Loch Lomond and am hoping to make the most of the clear/bright skies (except when it is raining!)

Never really looked through a scope as an adult so can't say exactly what will "catch my eye", but I have

always been fascinated by the moon. I hope to borrow my teenage daughter's Nikon DSLR for some lunar snaps and anything else interesting that strays into my line of sight.

Thanks to all the contributors in the lounge for their posts that helped me make my choice of scope.

Anyone on this forum close by?

OTA

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on receiving your new scope and together with those dark skies, looks like you're going to have some great nights observing for sure. Look forward to reading your observation reports and how you are getting along with it all.

Clear skies for now and enjoy the forum

James

Hi OTA welcome to SGL, I have some great memories camping on the shores of Loch Lomond on my way to stay at Loch Ness, (no i didnt see her :laugh: )

hope the skys clear soon so you can get to use your new telescope, next full moon is the 27th.

Archived