Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello.

nederman63

Hi, just jioned after lurking for a while, in the process of buying a telescope (a flexitube 130 or a skywatcher explorer-130 eq2), please feel free to add your thoughts on these 2 scopes, i bascically want a good telescope to view the night sky, nothing spectacular, but decent, and see how things go from there. I have found this site a great sourse of information, and although i cant see myself offering much info, i can see myself asking loads of questions as soon as i decide and buy my telescope

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL

Unless you really want the telescope mounted on a tripod I'd go for the Heritage 130P (the flextube one) personally. I don't think the EQ2 mount adds much value to the package.

James

Hi, welcome along, have you maybe considered a good pair of binoculars as a start point and look around your local area for an astronomy group, you will find plenty of like minded people eager to help and often all too happy to let you have a little play with their kit to get a feel for what is available at a price you consider is reasonable for your needs. :smiley:

Archived