Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from another newbie

Kamet

Decided to take the plunge as a complete novice and have just taken delivery of a Skymax 127 goto. Encountered my first problem already, (apart from the fact it is going to be cloudy of course for the next few nights !!) I cannot update the firmware.....seems the Skywatcher web site is malfunctioning! (see different post)

Anyway, hope to make a start soon - I will just get it set up without updating.....and hope everything works OK. I already have access to a car jump starter pack.....so will opt not to use batteries for the goto system.

So off now to put it all together.......

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello and welcome to SGL :)

To be fair, I don't think you will need to update it anyway as, if it's fairly new, it should have the latest firmware anyway. It's not like it wont work or will malfunction is it ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone. Well I managed to update my handset...... and I do believe I can see a gap in the clouds :shocked: Goodness, I can see some stars too :grin: no excuse then...will have to don some winter woollies and see what I can manage to see from my front door. I'm in a town, so I know it won't be brilliant - but need to 'have a go'. I will plan a 'proper' session another day. My mother lives in Cumbria, so hopefully should find some 'dark' skies when we next visit.

Archived