Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Clear next week?

kirkster501

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be impressed if there are frosts here. There's so much water in the ground that freezing anything is going to need the temperature to absolutely plummet.

I desperately need to get outside though. I caught myself pacing the house in frustration this afternoon :(

James

I am seriously going stir crazy and nuts. Nights and my beloved astro hobby are out due to weather. I can't run or get out on my racing bike (in day time) due to back problems at the moment. The kids wont go to sleep and are kicking off and my wife is watching annoying junk on the TV. I am going crazy, someone get me out of here...... !!!!! :)

I'm really miffed that on having had a few days off I have had no good justifiable reason to stay in bed until after 8 let alone dinner time.

The last good uninterrupted night I had was Fri 23rd November and my memory of it seems like an age ago, even on reading my notes. Words like those you can not mention come to mind like, what a load of Jedwood and George Bush.

I want one good night, just one good night with those Messier's beneath Orion before they are gone for another year...frown.gif

Forecast is clear for here tonight, but not for the remainder of the week. As long as the rain's cease-fire holds I don't think I'll mind. Right now I'd just like not to be knee-deep in mud every time I step out of the door.

James

Forecast is clear for here tonight, but not for the remainder of the week. As long as the rain's cease-fire holds I don't think I'll mind. Right now I'd just like not to be knee-deep in mud every time I step out of the door.

James

Ill go along with that! its pretty dire down here, clear as a bell today though

The Jet Stream forecast shows it going northwards, so high pressure no clouds if it does move.....

Oh please please please please please please please please please!

No session since 10th November (I think.... it was a long time ago) and the 18th October before that. My poor scope is getting very lonely! :sad:

Well if this site is accurate, which I hope it is, http://www.theweathe...x?postcode=bb12 Then I am ok for a period of around 3 - 6 hours late Friday, early Saturday. Glad I found this site, I will bookmark it for future reference.

Hmm. Is it just me or is that page showing the wind speed graph instead of the cloud cover?

James

Hmm. Is it just me or is that page showing the wind speed graph instead of the cloud cover?

James

It goes cloud, wo=ind, pressure and gust from top to bottom in that order james, have a look again, maybe you looked at it wrong

Baz

It goes cloud, wo=ind, pressure and gust from top to bottom in that order james, have a look again, maybe you looked at it wrong

It's quite odd actually. It randomly gives me the wind speed graph instead of the cloud cover one.

James

Last night was lovely at times here. Patchy cloud coming through but very nice in between. Didn't set the scope up but had 20 mins with the binos. 3rd is bound to be cloudy because of the double transit

I am seriously going stir crazy and nuts. Nights and my beloved astro hobby are out due to weather. I can't run or get out on my racing bike (in day time) due to back problems at the moment. The kids wont go to sleep and are kicking off and my wife is watching annoying junk on the TV. I am going crazy, someone get me out of here...... !!!!! :)

I'm an amateur astronomer, get me out of here!

It's a new reality show where a group of amateur astronomers are taken to the centre of Beijing. :angel:

Looks like an anticyclone (high pressure) is going to move towards the British Isles in the coming week or so, which is usually good news in the summer, but in winter tends to produce 'anticyclonic gloom' - a uniform layer of low cloud. I hope I'm wrong, of course!

Looks like an anticyclone (high pressure) is going to move towards the British Isles in the coming week or so, which is usually good news in the summer, but in winter tends to produce 'anticyclonic gloom' - a uniform layer of low cloud. I hope I'm wrong, of course!

I think it's got here early :(

James

Absolutely no chance of getting out for the next two weeks (again) by the look of it.

Ive already renamed my setup "the cloud magnet", and next weeks stargazing live will need to renamed to cloudwatching live.... depressing isnt it?

Archived