Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M31 Mosaic Project

Starman

You don't often see me in here thesedays :) I started this a while back, really to see whether I could successfully mosaic deep sky images - past efforts haven't always been totally successful. The poor weather over the past few months have greatly hampered progress, but things are now starting to move on. This version is just under 1/3rd linear size. It's been put together like this really to give me a guide as to which bits still need doing. There's a lot of work ahead...

M31-Master-Flat-1600.jpg

Have you tried SkyMap Pro? You can input your focal length and size of your chip and it will calculate your FOV and place a box on the screen over the object you are after. Then you can duplicate as often as needed. Really helps in planning your imaging.

This is how I set u for a three panel mosaic of M31 using my WO 98 and H18.

post-26501-0-37021200-1355053992_thumb.j

I simply take an image of it out with me and manually locate the star patterns to give me the next frame. It's a good idea to plan it though with a star chart. As for clipped blacks - I think there might be a satellite trail in there too but I could be mistaken ;)

Is looking spectacular already. The detail in the lanes is great. Stars are pinpoint and contrast is fab. Look forward to seeing the seeing the article

Skywatcher Skyliner 200p Dobsonian

Celestron Skymaster 15x70 Binoculars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived