Hi from Aberdeenshire

BuckRodgers

Hi there,

Another newbie here. I'm getting delivery of a Skyhawk 1145P tomorrow and can't wait to get started!

It all seems a bit daunting right now but I'm keen to learn.

I just hope I get some clear nights up here instead of the usual rain!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the forum. Make sure that when the scope arrives and you start opening the boxes - be careful not to open the cloud sachet as it's an easy mistake! :grin: Did you buy any cloud diffusing spray? On a more practical note, how about downloading some free planetarium software called 'Stellarium' which you can view here. It's very popular among many of us here and has plenty of features to play with should the clouds come in. One that I find useful is the advance date/time feature which allows you to advance the sky so you can see what will be coming up later on and from where. The planetarium can also be configured to your exact viewing location which will produce an identical sky to the one that you can see for real - great for helping you identify what you're looking at.

Clear skies for the scopes delivery and enjoy the forum.

James

Archived