Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Clear Tonight?

laser_jock99

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clear here, bar the odd band of cloud which pass quickly, but I think the moon is going to make an appearance here soon so no deep sky observing for me tonight! Will have to wait at least a week (when it'll be cloudy of course :p )

[

Wait until all the firework parties start tonight and tomorrow :(

The fireworks going off here - looks like the moon and Jupiter if it stays clear (not that you can see that many DSOs from my garden anyway!)

Well I managed to see the core of M31, with some elongation through my 25mm EP. Fireworks going off but not overhead yet.

Jupiter is still hidden behind a tree but give it an hour or so and it should be visible. Right over a nearby roof. It'll look like a desert mirage.

yeay - clear here and got home from work early so been collecting more data on the Veil Nebula since 7pm - BBC reckon it's gonna stay clear until maybe 10 so could get three more hours worth of narrowband data...

Still clear here (Warks) amazingly. Running some 10 minute subs of the Pelican Nebula while Cygnus is still well placed using the 12" F2.9 rig. A bit gusty so I'll have to keep an eye on that. Might have a splash of Scotch myself to warm the old cockles now it's all set up and running!

The odd firework going off but all a good distance away.

Partly cloudy and hazy here. Chinese lanterns and fireworks to contend with too. Actually the weather forecast has had virtually no relation to what actually happened. Then the BBC have this habit of updating the forecast after the weather change has occured...almost as if they decided to look out the window for a reality check!

Clear here with the odd bit of high cloud, Jupiter with 3 moons..4th disappeared somewhere although it was in the tree. Andromeda with naked eye for a while until the moon killed it. Double cluster, M45 M34 and Uranus and that's me done for now till a bit later 3.9c outside at present.

Still clear here but nothing much visible below 3rd mag. Can just see Alcyone in the Pleiades with naked eye.

Back to Jupiter, I can see two moons, don't see a third.

Have noticed Jupiter's movement wrt a star over (Under) the North Pole.

I want more aperture! Time to get my 8" f/8 back into service.

Its been crystal clear down here since 6.oclock. I set up in the garden, faffed about a bit and then started taking some subs of M33. Then the next doors decided to have a firework party about 20 feet from the scope. I left it a bit and then set up my newish synguider. Its flippin hard without a manual I can tell you. Anyway its now guiding with 10 minute subs and so far so good.

Ironically, the biggest clear patch of sky here seemed to have the moon and Jupiter in it, large scale cloudage moving slowly across the sky with random gaps. Cold, very damp... soon tired of the moon with the binocs so came back inside.

Ironically, the biggest clear patch of sky here seemed to have the moon and Jupiter in it, large scale cloudage moving slowly across the sky with random gaps. Cold, very damp... soon tired of the moon with the binocs so came back inside.

That's pretty much the situation here, with a bit of rain thrown in for good measure. If it were reliably dry I'd take the dob out and play with my new (to me) Nagler on the Moon, but not if I'm liable to get rained on at any moment.

James

I've knocked it on the head too.

My little Megrez 90 is a bit small for Lunar / planetary, and the DSOs are all washed out, even for London.

So, to all those still observing / photographing I wish you good skies, and good night.

Archived