NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Moore Winter Marathon

Jiggy 67

For those that havn't seen this, check out the webby Looks really good, both naked eye and telescope objects and a good mixture across the board. Excellent observing forms and guides to print off. I'm going to do as many as possible at PSP2012.....Anyone else giving it a go??

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had good fun with that list last night. Some new members brought the list along and we worked through as many as possible. Personal favourite from the ones we did was Kemble's Cascade in the 15x70 binoculars. Wonderful object.

According to another thread SPM didn't know what the Celestial G was. :eek:

So the Celestrial G is part of the Moore Winter Marathon but "Moore" doesn't know what it is? :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

The BBC should at least have primed SPM as to what was in "his own" observation challenge. :D :D :D

So the Celestrial G is part of the Moore Winter Marathon but "Moore" doesn't know what it is? :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

The BBC should at least have primed SPM as to what was in "his own" observation challenge. :D :D :D

Yeh, I think SPM admitted that on the show when they were featuring the list, don't blame him though.......I've never heard of it!!!

Yes that was a shame. But at least we all know what it is now, well sort of. I keep forgetting what it is exactly.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, another thanks to the top poster from me. Nice if these were available as a EQmod list so can just point and shot as it were.... No pleasing some idle folk like me is there? ;-)

Same problem with Synscan handset.....however, if you look at the guide most of them have NGC catalogue numbers. I can't find some of the stars though in the jandset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, another thanks to the top poster from me. Nice if these were available as a EQmod list so can just point and shot as it were.... No pleasing some idle folk like me is there? ;-)

Its not hard to create a custom tour for EQMOD. Just run up a planetarium, connect to the eqmod simulator and fire up EQTOUR. Use the planetarium to slew the simulator to each object in turn 'adding' them as you go to a custom tour using the associated button in EQTOUR. The tour file will be saved in the EQTOUR install directory with a .lst extension. You can then copy / distribute to others.

Chris.

Chris,

Thanks for that. You are a continal font of all knowledge. Although it does seem a bit like cheating I still like the idea of being able to whip throughthe targets. I would maybe have a quick look at as many object as possible so I at least know what is is that i am likely to see and then try to find them by manually slewing and star hopping.

Thanks again for that gem

Ian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived