Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moore Winter Marathon

Jiggy 67

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As there's no end to the clouds I think it's time to update the winter marathon stats. On the 8th I checked out 16, 17 & 23 then 5, 11, 26, 28 & 38 on the 15th/16th. Just the other night I looked at 35 and also had to walk up the road to get a clear view of the southern horizon to tick off 19.

That just leaves 4 naked eye/bin and 19 telescopic targets left - I'm over half way! Getting concerned that I'll need a few clear January nights as the rest of December looks like it'll be a washout.

What with all this bad weather, looks like i've missed the boat for No19. Constellation Fornax.. I'm Having doubt,s on M93 too.. I'll soldier on though :tongue:.. Its not as though i've not seen most of them, Just maybe too late for some of these especially if we get much more lovely rain... :rolleyes:

I think it would be nice if the weather ever lets us to all have a go at this in memory of a man that when all is said and done got most of us into Astronomy. Mister Astronomy Sir Patrick Moore, there will never be another.

I only hope the Sky at Night continues in memory of this Great Man.

Alan.

Archived