SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My Weekend at Kelling

Ant

Hi All,

Taken a little while to get round to writing this...

We left early ish on Friday morning and after several stops (we have a four year old in the car with us) we arrived in Kelling at around 12:30pm. Got the tent set up (thanks Steve (Kai)).

1428_normal.jpeg

Please take special note that we have a kettle hooked up and a 4 year old that seems to be ignoring me :D

The scope was also set up by this time. Pointing roughly north.

Now that things were set up I took a wander around to where the bulk of the SGL members were ...

1429_normal.jpeg

There were various people that moved set up's during the weekend...

Here is MartinB

1430_normal.jpeg

Here is Roger on the left talking to MikeP.

1431_normal.jpeg

The first evening was cloudy right up untill around 7pm, at which time the skies cleared - how good is that?

Here is a shot from roughly the same angle as the previous group shot.

1432_normal.jpeg

We had some nice clear skies took this image the first night.

1406_normal.jpeg

I went to sleep around 2am - maybe 2:30am when it clouded over. Others SteveL and Martin stayed up right through till 5am when twilight took over.

The next day was a nice sunny day and I don't actually remember what we did... But come the evening there was some high cloud that gave us a couple of nice sundogs.

1434_normal.jpeg

Took some more photo's of a few setup etc...

Here is FLO, Greg on left, Steve in the foreground and Mike (I think) obscured by Steve.

1435_normal.jpeg

At this point some of the scopes moved round to where my tent was located - if they had known what my snoring was like they may have moved their tents over where the scopes were :lol:

On the Sunday we took Jamie for a ride on a steam train, it's the most expensive train that I have ever been on, and as tehy were doing a 1940 weekend it was even more expensive than usual!!!

1437_normal.jpeg
1438_normal.jpeg

Jeeps...

image.jpg

More jeeps...

image.jpg

Errr some jeeps. :D

image.jpg]

Here are a few other...

image.jpg]

A train

image.jpg]

Another train. Actually is another picture of the same train.

image.jpg]

Andrew (Little Daz) and Jamie, must be planning something.

And lastly sleeping beauty... M42 must have really taken it out of him. :D

image.jpg]

Looking Forward to next year!

Ant

Archived