Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Where do you spend your time on SGL

Matt Scunthorpe

Always wondered where people tend to browse and if they stick to certain areas.

When i first joined, i found myself only ever looking the Beginners advice section.

Now i tend to dip into most of the sub forums, but particularly like reading the science section and the Observing posts.

How do other people spend their time on here?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it depends on where people are in their astronomy journey. For me I have not yet parted with my £££ to get a scope so spend time in the beginners and equipment/setup discussions. I sometimes venture into the astrophotography sections when i am feeling brave.

It is amazing how much knowledge you can pick up, even though the only experience I have had is with my cheapy 70mm refractor I still find that I am able to help others out, simply from reading and learning from others experiences. I am looking forward though to getting my hands on a descent setup.

Usually start in the beginners forum, to learn and try to contribute, move onto the Astro Lounge and depending on what time I have take in the the Observing Forum and once or twice a week I like to look at the Images -Sketching.

All over the place really - I like to see what's for sale, which star parties are on, what gear folks have got, and whether there's any interesting conversations going on or images being discussed. But I hang most of the time between the beginners and equipment sections trying to help out where I can. I also spend considerable time answering questions in pm - or directing folks where to find answers I don't have. :)

Equipment, scopes mostly. Astro lounge after that I suppose. I am trying to wean myself of SGL, I spend to much time on here and it occasionally makes me want to buy gear I don't really need... I am weak.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I mostly hang around in the beginners and equipment section, along with the classifieds and the DIY section which can be very inspiring reflecting member's expertise and imagination! The new posts often throw up some interesting topics that might otherwise be hidden amongst all the other conversations.

James

Archived