Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I love my scope !!!!

leemanley

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love my scope too, its been a bit of a slow burner really.. I was, and still do hold a flame for TAL refractors. I sold my TAL 100 RS due to an issue with my back and bought a Newtonian. After 3 weeks I could take it no more dodgy views, sold it as quick as I could and bought another refractor. I expected to buy another TAL but instead woke to find a ED100 for sale on astro buy and sell for £390, I bought it. Initially I was underwhelmed. The ED 100 certainly did not have the TAL factor, but slowly I bean to pimp it. First came the WO diagonal, swifty followed by a Moonlight focuser. I then followed up by adding a

Baader Sky Surfer V RDF. I now love my scope, to me its perfect. I have considered several times heading down the aperture road but the truth is I will never do it, the trade off between quantity over quality is just a step too far.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Lazer, has the sheer weight of that thing flattened you on your bare floorboards or is that your obsy behind you !!

LOL - two different scopes, the 12" Newt would require a different 'grip' to hold it (~20Kg OTA). I see what you're saying about the floorbaords though.

Thought I'd add my "grab and go" set-up. Lovely when the minitower actually works.... :).

Equinox 80mm Apo Pro with a TS 20mm wideangle - nice fields of view - Double cluster was stunning with this last night.

post-20607-0-60864400-1349805317_thumb.g

Archived