The Mak:

Orion Optics 200mm f20

The fracs:

Astrotech 106mm EDT

William Optics SD 66mm

Carton 60mm

The Newt:

Very old SX250 in need of some love and attention

There is a PST too which is great, and somewhere around there's an ST80 which will probably end up as a big finder on the newt.

Cheers,

Stu

post-6762-134929395356_thumb.jpg

post-6762-134929399936_thumb.jpg

post-6762-134929403473_thumb.jpg

post-6762-134929411256_thumb.jpg

post-6762-134929415914_thumb.jpg

That sounds fabulous Shane. I'd really appreciate you casting your eye over it to advise how best to get it sorted. I've got a replacement focuser which I haven't checked out yet, and it really needs collimating.

Longer term I'd like to replace the secondary spider and sort a better primary support and mirror cooling, plus a bit of flocking so plenty to keep me busy :D

Stu

Very nice indeed! Love the dew shield mods - be interested to hear how you get on with the focusser. I always feel the weakest part of my 8SE is the focusser and wondered about replacing it with something like that. I see you've got an extra weight on the eg. Surprised - is that to compensate for the shields, or is the 180 mak that heavy. Will this be coming to PSP?

Very nice indeed! Love the dew shield mods - be interested to hear how you get on with the focusser. I always feel the weakest part of my 8SE is the focusser and wondered about replacing it with something like that. I see you've got an extra weight on the eg. Surprised - is that to compensate for the shields, or is the 180 mak that heavy. Will this be coming to PSP?

Yes Mark it will be at the star party, the small weight is to counter the bare mak, its a pretty heavy tube! I guess the 8SE uses a moving mirror focuser, so one of these will make a big improvement, it does away with mirror shift/flop, i feel the focus mod has really unleashed the beast

Here is a pic of one of my refractors, the Vixen 80m custom........80mm f11.4

This has an ali AZ mount, but i have fitted tube rings and dove tail so i can "over mount" it on the EQ5, very stable, and i like to use it on my AZ4.

I bought this second hand, on a whim, but it has become a firm favourite of mine, when i got it the previous owner had fitted brand new objective lens and it came with a 1.25 visual back, unusual, as they were normally fitted with .0965 back.

To say this scope is about 20+ years old, she is still in very good condition, the R&P focuser is so sweet, no slop in it, and i have produced my best A-focal lunar shot with this, to date

post-8850-0-71730100-1349372480_thumb.jp

Archived