Just Ordered ! =D

After waiting a month for a deposit to come back, today was the day I finally have it... well "had" being the key word here.

Just ordered a Skywatcher 200p and Cheshire.

So happy :)

And as Im not here to brag and actually ask a question does anyone know any online guides to collimation of a reflector?

Thanks

+1 for astro baby. one bit of advice i would give is try to understand what each step actually does. if you can understand what each stage of collimation does it makes it easier to do. it did for me anyway. hth

Scott

Google Andy's Shot Glass. By far the best, clearest and easiest guide to collemating on the web.

A_B's is fussy; overcomplicated and unessecary! It makes open heart surgery look a doddle!

Collimating is not a dark art or difficult.

TheThing

Google Andy's Shot Glass. By far the best, clearest and easiest guide to collemating on the web.

A_B's is fussy; overcomplicated and unessecary! It makes open heart surgery look a doddle!

Collimating is not a dark art or difficult.

TheThing

really ? wnen i traded my refractor to a reflector i used that guide and found it an exellent guide. and i knew didly squat about newtonians and the like. still have tons to learn but i found it easy to follow.

congrats on your scope by the way, good choice :grin:

really ? wnen i traded my refractor to a reflector i used that guide and found it an exellent guide. and i knew didly squat about newtonians and the like. still have tons to learn but i found it easy to follow.

Really. Fussy and over complicated.

TheThing

Mods can be done though it works off the box.

I added a telrad finder, to me it's essential.

I have a dew shield and a black cover for the bottom. My best view to the west is on some pavement on the front of the house. I found that the light from 2 street lights was reflecting off the pavement creating a halo in the primary so I have a black cloth cover for the bottom to take care of that. The dew shield is used to block that stray light to go in the top.

I also have a few 2" EPs and barlows so I added another EP tray to the side, one that haves two 2" holes instead of the regular one.

http://www.astrozap.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=240

Some popular mods are:

- lazy susan

- setting circle + wixey angle gauge (used with a planetarium software it works as a push to system telling where to point to find an object)

Archived