Hello from Sheffield!

bigrbuk

Received my first scope today (130p heritage) and mistakenly opened the bag of clouds that came with it - sorry folks!

Looks like I'll be reading more of 'Turn Left At Orion' tonight instead (thanks to the tips on here).

Very helpful forum guys. Now where to start? The moon I guess :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL. The moon as an easy target at the moment, but not always at its best when it's full. If you can handle the late nights, Jupiter is also visible in the small hours until the sun rises. There are plenty of other objects to see, as you'll find from TLaO.

James

A big SGL welcome from a cloudy Bulgaria, it'is the first duff day in 6 weeks and now I know who's fault it is. This is a great site with great members enjoy yourself. By the way congratuations on your first telescope, hope you soon get a chance to use it. I remember my first scope, Dixons 3 inch refractor, I thought it was the biggest scope in the world.

Clear skies,

Alan.

PS it's raining now!

Hi and welcome to SGL. Hope you get to use your scope soon. As mentioned above Jupiter will be around from about 3am, with Venus close by too, if you feel like an early morning. I was looking at Jupiter at 4am Monday morning and it was awesome with nice clear skies. Congratulations on your new scope.

Archived