Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anyone else here from near Newmarket

davesparx

Hi there,

I've been into astronomy since January and it has, I must admit, become quite a big hobby of mine. I have a couple of newtonians and just bought a 12" lightbridge. I'd be pleased if there's anyone else that lives not far from me that would be interested in observing. I live in the light polluted centre of Newmarket but its hard to get the motivation to stand in the middle of nowhere on my own all night :)

Dave

HI Dave and welcome to the forum. Sadly I'm not for your neck of the woods but I'm sure you will soon be buddy up with a couple from here in no time. Have you had a look at the 'Communities' section to see if there is anything local to you and have you thought about your local astro club?

Clear skies for now and enjoy the forum.

James

Hello Dave,

I'm just up the road in South Freckenham ( Red Lodge...... :grin: )

I tend to view from the back garden but happy to travel if and when I find the right site , been looking but not found anywhere decent yet .

Steve.

Hi Dave and welcome to SGL, it can be a very lonely vigil on you own in the countryside, as many have said in the past, best of luck with gaining an observing buddy, it will make all the difference, you can fall over one another's gear then in the dark lol :D

John.

Archived