Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello (again)

alexog

Hello everyone,

I became a member over 3 years ago but haven't posted for so long I thought I'd say hello again rather than jumping straight back in posting and starting threads.

Back in 2009 I got fed up with mobile broadband dongles (slow, expensive, unreliable and 1 gig a month), had to sell my camera gear and "broke" my 'scope.... :sad: I've been visiting as a guest to read reviews but now the "nights are drawing in", I've got a new camera and a "fixed" 'scope, I thought I'd say hello (again).

I couldn't remember my login name so did a google image search for my avatar (my interweb skills have improved a bit) and here I am. I can't edit my signature yet but in the last couple of years have managed to get Nikon Action 8x40's, Helios Quantum3 20x80's and a D5100. Still got the OMC and Skymax. Just need some dark clear sky (fat chance) :smiley:

In a few months I get some "play money" and have been looking at a big f5 refractor but I'm sure I'll change my mind a thousand times til then.

So... glad to be back.

Alex

Thanks for the warm welcome back. With the awful weather and short nights I'm planning on making an "artificial star" (Blue Peter/Macgyver style).... but that's another story :smiley:

Alex

Archived