Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dob Imaging

knobby

Hi,

never posted in the imaging section before but heres a Moon shot taken on a 150p dob with a Nikon D300 at iso 800 1/320 second. Mirror lock up and timer delay.

D300 was attached with a 2 x Barlow so had to take a piccie of the bottom and then the top half of the Moon as it was too big ( and no I couldn't have moved back a bit !) and then stitched in photoshop

post-21341-0-12278600-1341661377_thumb.j

very nice! I took some shots through a 120mm refractor a while back - my only serious go at imaging. it was on a manual EQ mount but a point and press camera. the results were OK actually. maybe I should try some with my dob sometime too.

Fair play knobby thats a cracking moon pic!

Take a look at this page http://www.equatorial-platforms-uk.co.uk/photogrpahy-with-a-platform/some-of-our-early-results just shows that you can do imaging with a dob, theres a pic of Europa transiting Jupiter which is pretty amazing.

Don't think I will ever get into imaging but its still very impressive. :)

Archived