Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My god I've got the bug!

I've only used my scope twice (only half hour 2nd time) and already I've ordered a barlow and an 8mm BST for it. Oh and Turn Left At Orion...

Worst is, though.

In my head I've bought:

About 15 EPs, a Telrad and a laser pointer and a RACI, more filters than an espresso coffee factory, and...you get the idea.

Oh and enough books to fill the British Library!

I just can't stop thinking about astronomy!

Is there counselling on here lol

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what you mean. A bit of advice though, make sure you research any items you intend on buying, e.p's etc. I was like you when I bought my first scope and ended up buying a couple of duds, ok I never spent that much, but the money could of been saved while researching and it would of gone on something better, although more expensive.

Yep another one here with the bug :laugh:

Must admit though i have had a few hobby bugs and they have all turned out to be expensive ones,this one included as the wanted list is just getting longer and longer and longer...........

Good advice above though if you can afford it buy the best you can which is what i hope i will be doing without breaking the bank :shocked:

I know how it feels, I can't stop thinking about it. The missus told me that i said "telescope" in my sleep the other night. and I just installed red lights in my garage this past weekend, I don't know what most people think when they see me peering through a scope at 1:30am with red lights coming out of my garage..

I'm the only amatuer astronomer/astrophotographer on my base. My neighbors love it when I bring out the big old scopes. Quite a few people and even my military leadership love browsing the galleries on this site.

I've only used my scope twice (only half hour 2nd time) and already I've ordered a barlow and an 8mm BST for it. Oh and Turn Left At Orion...

Worst is, though.

In my head I've bought:

About 15 EPs, a Telrad and a laser pointer and a RACI, more filters than an espresso coffee factory, and...you get the idea.

Oh and enough books to fill the British Library!

I just can't stop thinking about astronomy!

Is there counselling on here lol

Only cure is the start of the football season and shouting on Rodgers Red Revolution!! :)

just wait till you start an obsy build :grin:

Lol, funny you should say that. SWMBO had gone to Ireland for the weekend to see her first love, Westlife, and said she better not come back to find I've built an observatory in the garden.

She's obviously forgot that my DIY is shocking. I'd struggle to make a plank of wood!

Whereas I used to spend hours searching auto trader for cars I'll never be able to afford, usually Italian ones, I now look for telescopes I'll never be able to afford, and I seem to have developed a 'thing' for eyepieces

"she better not come back to find I've built an observatory in the garden.

She's obviously forgot that my DIY is shocking. I'd struggle to make a plank of wood!"

Help is at hand, there are a couple of ready made solutions.

http://www.altairast...home.php?cat=75

http://www.alexander...ervatories.com/ (installed for you but several months wait).

Carole

I've just put a prescription in to FLO for a 250pds for my aperture fever, apparently this should help for a few years but theres no know cure, Just worked out how many and how much my intended eyepiece will cost and it comes to around £500 for 5 eyepieces, then I'll need a new DSLR then I'll need coma correctors, then I'll need ....

you get the picture.

Kev.

My better half says she's an "Astronomy widow" - myself I can't see the fuss, I have very little other needs, like food and clothes so the money can be spent on my true love (not wife)……. Oooppps, did I really write that.

I can help with this problem, i am starting astronomy anonymous how it works, you fellow sufferers send me all your astro kit and then you go cold turkey until the addfiction leaves. And i will suffer for all of you. :grin: :grin:

clear skies. Den.

I,ve hidden reciepts before now only to forget that I put them, for my wife

to come along and tidy up and find them to hear those awful words at

a fairly loud level "And what do you call this"? you just know its not good.

I know who wears the trousers in my house, and it aint me.

BigBlueOne.

Archived