Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My god I've got the bug!

I have to admit that I have the bug too. I bought my skywatcher 200p in may and I seem to spend all my time checking the weather forecast in the hope of some clear weather. It's got so bad that I have now bought an Oregon scientific weather station to double check the weather forecast. Oh, and I spend a lot of time looking up at the sky just in case the forecast and the weather station are wrong.

I live in hope of A cloudless still night but they seem to be few and far between!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just put a prescription in to FLO for a 250pds for my aperture fever, apparently this should help for a few years but theres no know cure, Just worked out how many and how much my intended eyepiece will cost and it comes to around £500 for 5 eyepieces, then I'll need a new DSLR then I'll need coma correctors, then I'll need ....

you get the picture.

Kev.

Aperture fever will return, even when you have your own personal 10m Keck Telescope :D

Me too. Just ordered a new scope as an additional one to my 127 SLT. Once you start you can't stop. Are you married??? Luckily I managed to get my other half on side, so I had part of the battle won. I think after I recieve my shiny new scope the missus would kill me if I bought anything else.

I've only used my scope twice (only half hour 2nd time) and already I've ordered a barlow and an 8mm BST for it. Oh and Turn Left At Orion...

Worst is, though.

In my head I've bought:

About 15 EPs, a Telrad and a laser pointer and a RACI, more filters than an espresso coffee factory, and...you get the idea.

Oh and enough books to fill the British Library!

I just can't stop thinking about astronomy!

Is there counselling on here lol

Just take two pills three times a day and you will be cured within a week :grin: :grin: :grin:

Whereas I used to spend hours searching auto trader for cars I'll never be able to afford, usually Italian ones, I now look for telescopes I'll never be able to afford, and I seem to have developed a 'thing' for eyepieces

+1 for that, first cars then scopes, apart from my latest thing is binoculars not eyepieces:)

I've only used my scope twice (only half hour 2nd time) and already I've ordered a barlow and an 8mm BST for it. Oh and Turn Left At Orion...

Worst is, though.

In my head I've bought:

About 15 EPs, a Telrad and a laser pointer and a RACI, more filters than an espresso coffee factory, and...you get the idea.

Oh and enough books to fill the British Library!

I just can't stop thinking about astronomy!

Is there counselling on here lol

It is always worth remembering that its free! To talk about it ... thank God for SGL :D

Archived