New member in Chester, UK

Rince

Hey folks,

Well, after 10 years, I am getting back into Astronomy again. Through work and personal stuff at the time, I had to stop this but it never lept me from getting my binos and hopping out into the garden for a while.

However, because we have a new addition on the way, I am starting on a small scale as I am sure my time will be limited to start off with so wanted something easy to stup when I have a spare 20 minutes so have opted for a Celestron C90 and plan to use this until the bug bites harder and I am not needed as much for baby duties :)

I have something of an interest in planets more than stars, but that could be down to scopes in the past and never really getting my head around a guided scope and using this to follow the path of the stars - maybe!

Soo, that is me in a nutshell and look forward to joining in the community.

Wishing you dark skies,

Andy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Andy,

Welcome to SGL. A friendly bunch reside in here

Also,

It helps to justify a big astro purchase by saying it will also serve as an educational tool for the kids as they grow up :p

Dave

Thank you all for the welcomes :)

I go to pick the C90 up in a short while. Just wish we had a clear night!

@Dave... I will keep that advice in mind ;)

Thanks all :D

Just picked the C90 up (nice little run into Toxteth...) - never had one before and quite impressed, even tho I can't go out and play as the weather says no!

I am sure the new arrival will grow up learning about astronomy too - The girlfriend says she can imagine me getting a shed and spending time out there... hmm! ;)

And nice to see someone not a million miles away as well Mike :)

Archived