NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello!

Jordan612

Hi everyone!

I'm Jordan, just thought I'd introduce myself and submit my first post! I've always had an interest in astronomy when it was covered in school or there are tv shows on about it etc but have never been active about. However, I now have a bit of free time over the summer (student at uni) so thought this will be a good a time as any to learn more about it and take star gazing up as a hobby.

Hopefully will be able to absorb as much information from here as I can and get some hints and tips to set me on my way!

Look forward to chatting with you all :hello2:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Jordan and welcome to the forum. There is plenty of help here along with "stickies" along with the search button at the top of the page to help you archive past questions and answers. No question is a daft one but the occasional answer might be! :hello2: To help you learn the night sky, you might want to consider downloading this free piece of planetarium software called 'Stellarium'. It has lots of easy features on it and can be configured to particular viewing location. There are 'other' toys on it too to keep you occupied when the clouds come in.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Archived