Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tough being a girl!!

Miranda

Very excited that new bins came for me today (as a lovely prezzie from my Dad) some Mead 10X50s and they are so so much lighter than the old metal ones I was using (which were also blumming COLD at night to hold against your face!) ..

Sat here trying to work out why they wouldnt feel right against my eyes, and why the view was looking all weird.

Then realised it was my mascara-eyelashes against the eye pieces and the rubber bits and was making my view look all wonky.

Honestly - these gadgets aren't designed for girlies :D

(Edit - Weather Watch, its now hailing in Shropshire. Oops. Sorry folks for the clouds!)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a man cursed with luscious long lashes, i feel your pain. I am constantly being asked by girls if they can put mascara on me etc... :headbang:

The damn things make looking through a short plossl or ortho an absolute impossibility. Most other EPs offer ~enough~ eye relief though. Anything over 7-8mm is fine (think most peoples lashes need 4-5mm), which many standard eyepieces will do, so no need to venture into the slightly more expensive long eye relief world just yet.

I've heard stories of people cutting their lashes for more comfortable viewing... :D

I don't understand girls either but how about starting a new craze by cutting the lashes off? After all, it's those beautiful eyes that get us boys excited, NOT those un-natural long lashes:D

Report from last nights observing ...

when mascara has been rubbed off (I tend to rub my eyes a lot) I have no problems with my new binos at all. Beautiful views and the moon was great to gawp at - as well as the other twinkly stars/planets.

And I will definitely not be cutting my eyelashes. That's horrendous and I'm not even going to google it to see, I know its out there, thats scary enough.

thought this thread was quite apt as i just found out its "International Womens day", and apparently in China women get the day off work! not all bad being a girl, plus you have boobies .... hehe!

Glad you were googling the lash cutting and not the posing pouch :D

I can bring some clippers to SGL7 if anyone wants theirs doing

Before the PMs come flooding in I'm not talking about bikini lines for the posing pouch!:headbang:

My girlfriend is always saying my eyelashes are long, and they do rub on my eyepieces a bit. Trouble is I've got big eyebrows too. At least my nose hair isn't getting in the way yet.

You think you girlies have it hard. We professional wrestlers and bodybuilding amateur astronomers, are out there all winter long, just in posing pouch and body oil.

Wow, I thought it was just me who did this!

I have a friend that done this when they were drunk a few years ago lol

eeek!! Cut their eyelashes or sliced their eyeball?

Mind you, an eyeball slicing would be pretty cool - I think I've only ever had one eyeball come through my dept in the last 10 yrs. (I'm in histology).

Archived