NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Christmas additions

Charon

They look fantastic Nereid3 - I'm just a beginner but they look to me to be real quality - what is the taller EP - is it a Barlow?

It is a 2" Powermate x2 , yes it is a barlow (I think;))

Glad you like the Hperions Greg, the 13mm is a cracker.

Lovely ep's Nereid3, I have exactly the same and can assure you you won't be disappointed :-).

The PowerMate is a fantastic piece of kit. It just seems to get out of the way and doesn't degrade the image at all. It is different to a barlow in that it doesn't affect the eye relief of the ep you are using at all. It is just like having the same ep but twice the power. I was never a fan of barlows but the PM is a totally different prospect.

Enjoy :-)

Stu

It is a 2" Powermate x2 , yes it is a barlow (I think;))

It's a telecentric barlow. It's advantages over a regular barlow are that it doesn't mess with eye relief, and shouldn't require a re-focus when switching from ep only to ep + powermate. Otherwise it pretty much does the same thing as any quality 2x barlow. Nice collection, btw!

bad choice in eps derek should of kept your hyperions. due to me knowing you and think your great and a gesture of good will i will swop you my e.p.s for those horrible green ones dont mind at all lol.

Archived