Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter this morning (29/05/07)

mpeniak

Another one from Plymouth centre just opposite two street lights :police: I was trying to capture good image of Jupiter for two weeks but the seeing was horrible most of the time. This one was taken with my C8 + 4x image mate + toucam pro, combined from two separate AVIs (initial size: 800 + 2500 frames) and stacked from 2500 frames. I am just learning how to use Registax so I processed first 800 frames avi, which I took with 5fps, and I got image with good detail but I was noticable that I would need another 500frames to make it smoother. Hence I loaded both AVis (second one was 2500frames at 15fps) and turned first two wavelet layers off as they seem to add noise to image and the rest was set to about 60.

PS: I also attached the result from stacking best 500 frames out of 800 because I thought it shows even more detail than the top image made from 2500. You can compare yourself, maybe it is just me :D

Martin

post-13530-133877328518_thumb.jpg

post-13530-133877328522_thumb.jpg

I need to find a new dark site with a better all round view. My back garden is North facing, so I can't get to Jupiter, or any of the lower Southern skies :police:

Cracking image there - makes up for my not being able to see it!

Great image Martin

would be helpful if you could tell us what settings you used, to help others .

I'd be interested in the settings - my new toucam arrived in the post this morning :police: and I too have a C8! I would be well chuffed with an image like that!

thanks

Helen

Thats great Martin!

Knowing how many frames, camera settings, etc is all useful to people wanting to try themselves - it at least gives them a starting position :police:

Great shots, a RA motor will make things a LOT easier for you.

BTW the reason the top image is better than the bottom is that the Toucam is a USB 1 camera and cannot handle 15 FPS without heavily compressing the frames. Stick to 5 or 10 FPS at 640x480 or lower the resolution of the camera to 320x240 when using 15 FPS, it will be a lot harder to keep the object on the chip if you choose the latter option though.

That's really good, considering just how low Jupiter is for us Northern Hemisphere dwellers, this time around.

Given the thickness of the atmosphere you were imaging through, I'd say that's a commendable result.

Well done

Dave

This has plenty of 'wow' factor for me, I am a few weeks off getting my 'scope but if I had taken this image I would be well chuffed !!!

I have also decided to purchase a ToUcam so it will only be my use of it which prevents me getting great images like this.........well done..

Jeff

Archived