Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My Christmas Present!

Damo636

Hi guys, i thought i would post a pic of what Santa has brought me this year. I have been watching out for one of these for a long time and when this as new one reared its head on Ebay i had to have it! I had a very brief first light before the clouds rolled in and all i can say is WOW!!. This could very easily become my favorite eyepiece. Switching back and forth with the 28mm UWAN the small difference in the fov is barely noticeable. The UWAN itself is a wonderful eyepiece and truth be told the edge performance is every bit as good as the Nagler in my f5.9 dob. My one and only complaint with the big UWAN is the weight. The Nagler doesn't feel much heavier than the 13mm Ethos so shouldn't require any rebalancing of my scopes when switching between the two. At £303 at the drop of the hammer its a decent saving on the new price and although my dob upgrade fund is now severely depleted i am a very happy bunny with this baby. :icon_salut:

post-24496-133877706407_thumb.jpg

post-24496-133877706415_thumb.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice one Damo, that is one lump of an eyepiece you have there. I have bought 17 and 22mm Naglers recently and are waiting their arrival- roll on Monday!

edit

The 22mm has just arrived in perfect condition, must say this is a heavy lump of an eyepiece looks great though.

Funny you should mention the 22mm Nagler Derek, i was bidding on one last week on Ebay and got pipped at the post :), i wonder was that you by any chance :icon_salut: The 17 and 22t4 are two lovely additions, congratulations.

Thanks guys. I was able to put the Nag through its paces last night and it truly is an impressive piece of glass. The eye relief is slightly shorter than the 28mm UWAN but still adequate. The entire fov is slightly easier to view with the UWAN and on closer inspection the loss of fov 1.91* v 1.77* is evident but i don't think enough to warrant keeping both. Optically, in my scopes, there really is nothing between these two big grenades but aesthetically the Nagler is way out in front. I cannot wait to spend some quality time with it over the Christmas holiday.

Funny you should mention the 22mm Nagler Derek, i was bidding on one last week on Ebay and got pipped at the post :), i wonder was that you by any chance :icon_salut: The 17 and 22t4 are two lovely additions, congratulations.

Damo that was not me, I bought mine off a fellow member.

Archived