Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My Christmas Present!

Damo636

Someones been a good boy this year! Congratulations looks a real beast of an EP almost as big as your hand!

Someone has been an exceptional boy this year and Santa has rewarded accordingly :(

Check out the size of the beast the Nag is replacing :)

post-24496-133877707455_thumb.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That ensures a pleasant Christmas for you then Damo.

Just like you are drifting through space with that FOV.

Enjoy.

I'm sure my Mrs wouldn't mind using one of those TV Nags as an ornament. They are good enough to look at, let alone look through.

I'll guide her thoughts in that direction as my next Birthday approaches. It isn't until next November, so I have plenty of time to work on the plan :).

Ron.

That ensures a pleasant Christmas for you then Damo.

Just like you are drifting through space with that FOV.

Enjoy.

I'm sure my Mrs wouldn't mind using one of those TV Nags as an ornament. They are good enough to look at, let alone look through.

I'll guide her thoughts in that direction as my next Birthday approaches. It isn't until next November, so I have plenty of time to work on the plan :).

Ron.

Mine didn't seem to mind the Nagler on display so much, but for whatever reason wasn't as keen on the beans:icon_scratch:

congrats on the 26mm Nagler Damo. In my big dob this is a stunning eyepiece and with my 13mm Nagler is all I need. I sold my 35mm Panoptic to fund mine when they were 20% off the new price and I am glad I did. at f4 my dob would have created too big an exit pupil but in the 26mm Nagler it's spot on for me.

Thanks Shane. I've managed a few sessions with the 26mm Nagler now and it has quite simply, blown me away. The 28mm UWAN that it replaced was an excellent eyepiece but this has to be the closest thing to perfection that my very amateurish eyes have had the pleasure of looking through, and that includes the Ethos! I can say with 100% certainty that i will never part with it.

You can kind of work this out:

With Damo's 8" F/6 the 26mm Nagler gives a true field of 1.8 degrees and with his 4" F/11 he gets 1.9 degrees.

To fit M31, M32 and M110 in the same field of view you need a true field of around 1.3 degrees so they should all fit in easily in both scopes. M31 will extend beyond the edges of the field of view though because it's at least 3 degrees across in total (probably a bit more).

As to how good the view is, well that will depend on the viewing conditions. The Nagler 26 will definitely show sharp stars right across the field of view though :)

I can just squeeze all three galaxy cores into my big dob with the 26mm Nagler with M32 at 10 o'clock, M31 at the centre and M110 at about 6 o'clock. this is just over a 1.1 degree field.

as John says, the detail will depend on darkness of sky etc. M110 is much easier at dark sites and I have seen dust lanes easily in M31 with my old 12".

I have read that some peoples eyes are more sensitive to coma than others. Personally i haven't noticed it in my f6 dob. Would there really be astigmatism present at f6 with televue eyepieces? Could it be a collimation issue perhaps?

Archived