I have my first set of GCSE results! :hello2:

Physics - A*

Chemistry - A*

Biology - A

Overall Science - A*

History - A*

English - A

ICT - B

Welsh - C (maximum for foundation paper)

Maths - A*

My class sat the Maths exams a year early so the maths is a full GCSE. The others are just contributing to an overall grade.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Greetings from sunny California. If you like 100 degree heat in November (40 C +), then this is where to be. :tongue:

Only have a few minutes here using the local Library computer, so I thought I'd chime in and say hello.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Cheers !

• 2 weeks later...

Just moved into the centre of Newport (st Julian's) my garden is pretty dark and now got the scope set up in an obsy.

First light the other week and was struggling a bit with LP I think, didn't seem that much different from my last house in portskewett.

Anyone else here from the Newport area? How you copping with the LP? Is it making viewing a problem? Hopping it was just bad viewing,

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk - now Free (I like free)

Hi Dave...I live in Malpas, and recently with the increase of street lights being switched off between 10pm and 6am the darkness has improved. 

I have been able to, over the last few months, see the Milky Way albeit faint. I have not seen it since the days of power cuts, so that has to be a good sign.

Welcome to Newport.

That all sounds good news, the reason I ask is I was looking at the ring nebula and it just didn't seem as good as I remember, also struggled to find M32 but could have been in the wrong spot.

Had problems with focus on my 20mm and higher EP ( or lower, depends on how you see it)

Collimation was way out (due to transport of move I guess) but I guess and hope it was just bad seeing

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk - now Free (I like free)

Have a good time mike and hopefully see you soon

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Good to hear from you Mike, You can keep the weather, quite happy here with days of RAIN :((((((((((((((((( grrrrrrrr

Pat

Hi Mike- good to hear from you again - hopefully catch up in Blaenavon when you've had enough sun :0)

Hello Pete, Pat, & Steve,

Weather here has been great. I put a new roof on the house, strimmed 4 acres, and have had a few clear observing nights with the 3.5' Questar we bought from a fellow observer. Except for the work involved with property maintenance, its been a good trip, but look forward to returning to Wales soon.

Cheers all !

• 1 month later...

Archived