Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The South Wales Lounge

garethmob

This data does seem quite different from the predictions you have, by the order of about 2 hours. I am using Guide9, and have recent downloaded the data from the website, so can assume it is accurate, but cannot account for the differences between my data and other information available. Hmm, will investigate further!

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have gone to JPL and entered the data manually for the asteroid, and the same results (within a degree) are coming out. Really not sure why it disagrees with Sky at Night magazine. Have tried looking for other sources of information on the internet to corroborate the data, but can't find any. Where are the rest of you looking for information regarding it's path?

• 1 month later...

Yeah, and my scope :eek: The cover blew off it and I got soaked dismantling and bringing it in. Oh joy :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that.

Lidl & Wilkinson stores have bar-b-que covers with draw strings, they work great.

Sorry to hear that.

Lidl & Wilkinson stores have bar-b-que covers with draw strings, they work great.

Thanks for that. I'm using a motor bike cover at the moment, it's got loops to tle underneath, but the string worked loose in the wind and off it went:o I'll pop down to Wilkos and check out the barbie ones.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk HD

I noticed that Wilkinsons had a selection of different size and shape covers, some for bar-b-ques, outdoor chairs, etc.

And the prices I recall, were around £4 to £12 for the average Telescope and Dob sized ones.

Would I be right in saying Mike its still low on the horizon at the moment though getting higher as we move into April - should be around Casseopiea by mid April. The break in the clouds we got didn't happen to 10pm last night so didn't even bother try - still hoping to catch it before its too faint but the clock is ticking for sure

Being unusually clear tonight, I grabbed our binocs and took a ride up the local Bwlch mountain. There was no wind, which surprised me, and I managed to bag Panstarrs. While up there I met a couple of amateur astronomers who were also looking for the comet. We got to talking, and I found out one of them was from my neck of the woods overseas; its a small world. I told them about the South Wales Group and SGL, as they were not aware of the forum. Hopefully our membership will increase.

It was a great hour spent with the binocs, just wish I had been up there earlier with a scope; I'd still be there.

i had a great first light with my dob, and i'm a dob devotee now, i love the simplicity and the fact i can get it set up my self even with my gammy leg.. i only managed jupiter really and some wide field panning,although jupiter was gob smacking with this light gathering bucket i could clearly see the bands and four moons two of which were very close to each other i did try and get it up the garden to find panstarrs but no luck as my fence and neighbours roof top were destroying the views..

i think my next purchase it a water butt stand from B&Q so i can gain a foot as i think thats all i'll need..

looks good for tonight as well so i'm going to set up right at the bottom of the garden this will give me a better view, and i'm going to try and bag some faint n fuzzy's as well..

SparkyJon,

im glad to hear that there's another devotee of Dobs. They are simplicity itself, and great fun. I would also heartily recommend having a look for PANSTARRS with the dob. I managed it last night from the very bottom of the garden with the dob on a coffee table to give me enough clearance of the fence. Well worth it as it looked a lot better than through the bins earlier in the week. It's going to be close to M31 later this week, so should make for a nice sight.

clear skies, Dave.

coffee table absolutely genius , see the dob owners think simple ( no offence lol) it's so simply i didn't think of it that's having an EQ mount confusing my brain.. :grin:

yes it's brilliant , i've got a few mods coming for my dob, i had a spare handle with mine for the base , and i'm looking to fit it to the ota just for slightly easier logistics, I've just managed to add 4 caster wheels to it make my life a bit easier, two of the lock so it wont roll away,

and i've got all the lazy susan mod coming in the post and two fan mods one small one in the top for secondary and one bigger one going on the base to cool the primary, i know they probably aren't needed but it hasn't cost a lot and every little helps..

Archived