Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello stargaizers!

Phenakist

My name is James and would love to join your community!

I live in the UK myself and love astronomy and physics which made me decide on wanting to buy a telescope (although I have not purchased yet)

I won't be too active over the weeks because of lack of Internet but I hope to get to know a few faces on here and learn some thing or two whilst admiring the amazing pictures you guys have taken over the months!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi James and welcome to the forum

Take plenty of time on the equipment front, there is no rush to get anything until you have established (through astra clubs and observing groups) your own datum point as to what you need to satisfy your own expectations. If imaging is your goal, then plenty of reading up on what you will need is a must in order to help you prioritise your budget.

Clear skies in the meantime

James

Had a quick read through all of your posts and thank you to all for the warm welcome! My first response when I logged on was '23posts F%$£ me!'

Thanks JBM for the advice, I definately plan to hold back for as long as possible (or as long as I can bear to) before I buy anything substantial. Astrophotography really interests me but I am well aware that I am far from that goal skill wise and money wise, but stargazing alone is by no means a constellation prize (eeh get it, get it..ge-ah nevermind.)

Archived